SEND Teaching Assistant
Closing date: Friday 16th April 2021 00:00
We have a great opportunity to invite an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our dedicated team of staff as an SEND Teaching Assistant.
St Alfege with St Peter’s Church of England Primary School is a one-form entry school in the heart of the Greenwich. Our vision is to enable all of our children to reach their full potential academically, emotionally and spiritually. We want to ensure that when our children leave us they are fully prepared for the next phase of their personal and educational journey.
This is an ideal role for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children particularly those with special educational needs, as our appointed candidate will work both within a group setting and on a 1:1 basis across the school
The position is for 33 hours per week (Monday 8.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday-Friday 8.30am-4.00pm) term time only, on Scale 3 (£22,185 pro rata).
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience in:
- Establishing supportive relationships,
- Taking into account the learning support required, to support children to engage with their learning as effectively as possible,
- To assist the class teacher and other professionals as appropriate, in the implementation of directed programmes of support
- To deliver targeted interventions,
- Assisting the named children with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis,
- Providing expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning.
- Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils
- Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children
- Will contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Have a flexible attitude and a genuine passion to change children’s lives by inspiring them to reach and exceed their social and academic potential
- Be able to communicate effectively and relate well to both children and adults
- Work well within a team
- Are open and friendly
- Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school
As a school, we highly value our Teaching and Learning Support Assistants and are committed to offering training, development and additional coaching to achieve desired goals. We can also offer you a supportive and dedicated staff team, a welcoming environment and welcoming children who are keen to learn.
Interviews will take place on: Monday 26th April 2021
Completed application forms can be emailed to: email@example.com