Admissions and Transfers
Enrolling your Child
St Alfege with St Peter’s Primary School is a one-form entry Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School for children aged 3-11 years of age. The Nursery can accommodate up to 52 pupils. Most children attend part-time, either am or pm. Nursery am is open from 8:55am to 11:55 am; Nursery pm is open from 12:30 pm to 15:30 pm.
All children aged 3-4 are entitled to 15 hours free childcare. Under the new government initiative, working parents may be entitled to 30 hours free child care. This does not cover the cost of lunch or childcare over lunch. If you think that you may be eligible for the thirty hours free childcare, please see this letter. If spaces are available, it may be possible to pay for additional hours. If you wish to enrol your child in the Nursery, please download a Nursery Application Form.
Children applying for a reception place will need to complete an online Common Application Form and list the school as one of their preferences. You'll find more information on the Greenwich Admissions or Lewisham Admissions sites. If you would like to be considered for a place under the church criteria, please complete a supplementary form, and hand this into the school office.
The Main School consists of seven classes, from FS2 (Reception Class) through to Year 6. Each class can take up to 30 children. The Main School hours are from 8:45am to 3:30pm, with registration taking place at 8:55am.
To apply for a place for your child from Year 1-6, please complete an Admissions Form. Please note that the school will also ask to see your child's birth certificate and a proof of address before your child can be offered a place.
If the School is oversubscribed, places will be given in the following priority order:
- Looked after children or previously looked after children.
- Children with an exceptional and professionally supported medical or social need for a place at this school.
- Children, who with a parent/carer, are regular and faithful worshippers at St Alfege Church. A clerical reference will be required in support of this criterion.
- Children with a sibling (brother/s or sister/s, step siblings and half siblings, fostered or adopted siblings living at the same address) attending the main school at the time of the child’s admission. (Sibling priority will not be granted where the child in attendance at the school is in the Nursery class.)
- Children who, with a parent/carer, are faithful and regular worshippers at an Anglican church. A clerical reference will be required in support of this criterion.
- Children who, with a parent/carer, are faithful and regular worshippers at a Christian church which is a full member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CBTI) and/or the Evangelical Alliance, and reside within the Deaneries of Charlton and Deptford. A clerical reference will be required in support of this criterion.
- Any remaining places will be given in order of nearness to the school.
In the event that two or more applicants have equal rights to a place under any of the above criteria and there are insufficient places, the Governing Body will use distance, in the first instance, to decide between applicants; if applicants live equidistant from the school, the Governing Body will draw lots to decide between applicants. The Governing Body is required to abide by the maximum limits for infant classes (5, 5 and 7 year olds), i.e. 30 pupils per class.
You are very welcome to visit the school before enrolling your child. Please phone us on 020 8858 3613 to arrange a visit.
Transfer to Secondary School
In the first term of Year 6, parents and carers are given a booklet containing information about all secondary schools in Greenwich. During that term of Year 6, children and parents/carers visit schools in which they may be interested. They then submit an admissions form direct to the appropriate local authority. Staff are happy to support parents/carers through the transfer process, should they need any help.