Context for Learning
Our Contexts for Learning explicitly link History, Geography, Art and Design and Design and Technology. Links are also made with Literacy, Music and other subjects.
Recent ‘Contexts for learning’ used in Key Stages 1 and 2 include:
- The Wonderful World of Entertainment
- Thames, Towers, Tunnels and...
- Whatever the Weather We'll
Weather the Weather
- The Stuff that's In the Sky
- Carrie's War
Learning outside the classroom plays an important in our Contexts for Learning. To support this, each class has at least one visit per term.
Here are some of the places we have visited:
- The Britain at War
- The Victoria and Albert Museum
- London Zoo
- The Imperial War Museum
- The HSBC Building
- Greenwich Library
- The Houses of Parliament
- The Royal Observatory, Greenwich